Friday, June 28, 2013

Beautiful Backlight

We have been having some lovely weather here.  Really lovely.  It hasn't been too warm to enjoy being outdoors.  One of my favorite things about summer is how late it stays light.  So, the other night, Little Miss and I headed out after dinner to soak in the golden hour

We have one of the most lovely parks nearby that has a stream flowing through it and it's been left mostly natural.  I can spend the entire summer there.  The way the light filters through the trees is breathtaking, especially in the evening.

Summer Sunflare

Summer Sunflare

Little Miss told me she felt like a fairy.  I sure think she looked like one.  I love the way these photos turned out.  I love back light so very very much.  It inspires me to take photos.

Summer Sunflare

We played in the creek for a while before it was time to go up into the clearing for some golden hour photos.  Much as I love golden hour, backlight, just about any time of day is my favorite.

Look, lensflare!
I love how she's pointing at the lens flare in this one.

While we are on the subject of backlight, here are a few from this winter.  I took these on a rare sunny day this February.  It had been so long since Miss had seen her shadow that she played with it for quite some time, allowing me to get these photos, which are favorites of mine.

Shadow Dance

Shadow Dance

Shadow Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment