Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Flip this pattern Tinny Dress

I know I've mentioned how much I love Flip this Pattern, right?  Well, I've sewn along again.  This time it was the Tinny Dress from straight grain.


Tinny Dress Flip


Flip This Pattern

I didn't' do anything terribly exciting with the pattern this time.  There are so many options with the pattern (three collars, two sleeve cuffs and three skirt options!) that I couldn't think of anything I'd actually change.  I did add a belt and side seam pockets, though.

Tinny Dress Flip

I really enjoyed this pattern.  It sewed up quickly, but it doesn't skimp on detail at all.  It looks professional and the fit is spot on.  The instructions were clear and I love that the pattern came with a print key so that I could print just the pieces I wanted from the pattern.  Perfection!

The fabric I chose for this was Nordika by Jeni Baker and a coordinating print.  I've had my eye on this fabric for a while and I was just waiting for the right pattern to put it with.  Tinny seemed like a match made in heaven.


Tinny Dress Flip

I used the beautiful tulip cuffs and the open collar.


Tinny Dress Flip

I added a belt and tied a small bow on the side.


Tinny Dress Flip

and I also added hidden side pockets in the same coordinating fabric.  Now Miss can carry her treasures with her.  Usually Littlest Pet Shop or coins she's found laying around.

Tinny Dress Flip

Tinny Dress Flip

As usual, you can click on any image and view them full size in my flickr account.

15 comments:

  1. I love the "print key" as well!!! What a fabulous idea, huh?? Nice use of accent fabric to coordinate with the hemline....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish more patterns had keys like that! Thanks for your kind words. It means a lot coming from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. I love the additional of practical pockets on such a girly, pretty dress! great sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pocket addition. And those fabric choices are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish I would have put pockets in mine:) Beautiful shots of your little girl in such a sweet dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress and love your choice of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous!
    I have that same fabric on my wish list. Now I think I will have to buy it...
    PS. Loved your blog and your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, hands down cutest use of the panel! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is seriously beautiful! Your choice of fabric is very compliment the dress. Love your shots, they are stunning as I would see in magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fabric is lovely! The edging pattern is so pretty. It fits perfectly with this dress. I just adore this whole look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet looking dress. Your pictures are adorable and the dress is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Tinny is definitely my favorite - just plain GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the positive feedback! She's already worn it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely gorgeous, and you're fabric choice is spot on! It look like it was made just for this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with this fabric too! Your dress, and photos, are gorgeous. And I've just made a 'flipped Tinny' in thisNordika print ... although the result is really quite different. It's such a simple and versatile pattern. I'd love it if you pop over to as-it-seams.blogspot.co.uk and take a look!

    ReplyDelete