Thursday, August 29, 2013

Broken Doll

Broken Doll

Because I never have enough to do around the house, I was watching youtube makeup tutorials.  I followed a side link and another and another another (you know how it goes) and I went deep into the Youtube rabbit hole.  I ended up at a fantastic user's videostream and saw a brilliant tutorial on doll makeup.  Loepsi has great tutorials for everyday makeup as well as costume makeup.

Of course, Miss has practically flawless skin as it is and it's very fair so doing the "natural" side took more makeup than the doll side.  I used a lot of shading and brown eyeshadow!

During post processing, I did a lot of work on the doll side to make it appear even more flawless.  I played with the eye as well to give it a more unnatural look.  I photoshopped out the dark circles and "wrinkles" under her eyes.  I did no work on the natural side.  I left the pink around her eyes, the circles and did not adjust her eye at all.

We both had a lot of fun with this shoot.

Broken Doll

Broken Doll

Broken Doll

Last year, I wanted her to be a victorian wind up doll for Halloween, but I couldn't wrap my brain around the pattern drafting.  It took me an eternity to get it worked out and then she decided she wanted to be Rapunzel.  So, Rapunzel she was!  I hope to get her to be a doll this year.  I'll see if she'll sit still long enough for me to do the makeup again and let me curl her hair.  I have a couple of months left to talk her into it.

4 comments:

  1. I was worried when I read the make up tag that this was going to be pageant territory. Phew! She looks extraordinary and quite spooky, like a Dr Who scary doll-alien! great job and awesome images.
    ... and she looks really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! She's so pretty, even as a broken doll!

    ReplyDelete