Thursday, October 10, 2013

Halloween Twirl

Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress

I was trying to take a break from sewing so that I could write up a couple of tutorials but then I saw this fabric on etsy. It looked lonely, so I had it sent home to me. I love the whole line.  I bought pumpkintopia, gone batty, pumpkin dot and whatever the harlequin is called.  It's all pretty much sold out most places so I feel lucky to have found it all in one place!  It's all from the Maude Asbury Spooktacular line.

Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress

I sewed it up using the Violette Field Threads new Kate pattern.  I left off the apron because it didn't want the dress too busy.  It has a lot of print going on already!  I sewed up teh size 3 which is a size too big for Miss so I had to get clever with the straps on the back.  She's usually a size 2, so the sizing isn't off, I just went up a size because she has a lot in her closet that fits her right now.  Plus, she'll get to wear this next year too :)

Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress

The Kate was a very simple pattern to follow.  It sewed up quickly in around 3 hours total from printing/cutting the pattern to finished dress.  I did two panels on the skirt the full selvedge width instead of what the pattern calls for.  This makes the dress a little bit fuller and gives it a +10 to twirl factor.  Miss is in love and told me she wants to wear it every single day!  I win!

Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress

I have no idea why she wouldn't keep her tongue in her mouth during the shoot, but at least she wasn't throwing a tantrum and she was holding still.  Sometimes, you just have to take what you can get!

Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress
Extra twirl factor!



Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress
Ooops, forgot to pull out my gathering threads!
Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress
I love a neatly pressed hem facing.

Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress
Did you know you could sew on buttons using a zig zag stitch?

Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress


Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress


Spooktacular Halloween Twirl Dress
A Goodbye Bow





2 comments:

  1. Just Lovely. Love the straps in front and at the back. Always make my daughters dresses a little big so they can wear it for at least a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      My daughter grows very slowly. If I make them big, she might get two years out of them lol.

      Delete